Domain Name RegistrationWhy do you need a Domain name?
With thousands of domain names being registered each day, it can be tricky to find the perfect name. Luckily LW design offer domain name registrations with various extensions at excellent prices through Iomart, making it easier for you to still find a great name for your business or project.
It is important to register your chosen name as soon as possible, in case someone else gets there before you. You do not need to commit to any other services like web or email hosting until such time you need them.
Free with every domain registered with LW design
- Free email – One POP3 box or have email forwarded to an address of your choice. If you require email only with a Spam Filter, only £75 + VAT a year
- Free web forwarding – redirect visitors elsewhere with no adverts
- Total DNS Control – SPF records, DomainKeys, Subdomains, CNAMEs etc
- DNS FastUpdate – no more waiting 24 hours for propagation
- Multiple redundant DNS servers in different geographic locations
- No hidden charges, transfer charges or DNS charges
Getting started with Domain names
Firstly…why do you need a Domain name? Domain names are a human friendly version of a website IP address. Without a Domain name, you would be stuck with a load of numbers, not great from a marketing perspective!
So we use a Domain name to identify websites. When choosing your Domain name, you should select a term people will use to search for your site. The most obvious being your brand or personal name. Think about how you search on Google yourself. It is also worth considering keywords or keyphrases in the Domain name as an alternative to your company name.
Domain Name Renewals
Contact No: 01306 876203
All domains registered with LW design are renewable, as a minimum, every 2 years. We currently renew the domain name(s) on behalf of the client. We intend to develop this area further to enable you to renew your hosting account and domains online, to avoid websites becoming deactivated or domains not being renewed.
Please contact us on 01306 876203 if you require further assistance or out of office hours please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.