WHY USE A DESIGNER?Our job as designers is to convey the message, emotion, and sensation of a person or business visually. Whilst creatively concentrating on these elements, we also have to ‘police’ the brand to ensure there is a ‘Consistency of Message’. Continue
Quote from Wikipedia
BUILDING THE BRANDProduce brand guidelines to create set of rules which allow you to maintain a consistent visual appearance across all forms of communication.
THEY SHOULD NOT RESTRICT CREATIVITY – ONLY ENHANCE THE BRAND IMPACT ENSURING MAXIMUM RECOGNITION WHEREVER YOUR BRAND IS DISPLAYED.
THE BRANDING CHECKLISTExpect your brand identity to include some or all of the following:
- A distinctive logo that’s instantly recognisable.
- A colour palette that supports your brand values.
- A range of typefaces to add character.
- Illustrations perhaps to add interest and personality.
- Photography to add consistency and depth.